News & FAQ
- PCB – Printed circuit board. This is the bare board itself without any electronic components.
- PCA – Printed circuit assembly. This is the board populated with all electronics components.
- PCBA – Printed circuit board assembly. This is the completed board with all components.
A Printed Circuit Board or PCB is a board on which a chip or electronic components are placed. PCBs can be rigid or flexible and can have electronic components on one side or both, depending on the design of the board.
With the goal being to integrate your electronic components onto your designed printed circuit board (PCB). The PCB works as the hub of your electronic design, insulating the electronic components connected to the PCB allowing for electrical current to safely pass through your PCB
The cost depends on the scope of the project and the purpose for which the PCB is designed. A member of the U Choice team will help you determine the most cost effective components and processes as well as look for any cost savings that could be achieved with volume production.
The most common causes of failures in PCB assembly can usually be narrowed down to the following:
- Design Flaw (most common)
- Power failure on board
- Overheating due to component crowding
- Weak soldering points
At U Choice we offer a wide range of PCBs including quad flat packages (QFP), quad flat no lead packages (QFN), and ball grid array (BGA) assemblies.
At U Choice we offer the following services:
- Prototyping & Rapid Turnaround
- All sizes of production runs
- Kitted and Full Turnkey (PCB & Parts)
- Through-hole & SMT assembly
- Part of Part (POP) capable
- Accurate processing down to 01005
- Complex double-sided assembly
- Lead-free (RoHS)
- Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI)
- 100% Visual Inspection
- PCB Functional testing
Yes, absolutely, we are happy to help source and obtain the parts and electronic components needed to build your printed circuit board (PCB).
U Choice operates two complete surface mount lines with the most sophisticated pick and place machines to handle even the tiniest (01005) components.
As safety and quality are top priorities at U Choice, we hold the following certifications:
- ISO 9001:2015
- RoHS complaint
We strive to provide a quote for services within 24 hours of receiving a request. To provide our customers with a timely, accurate quote we require the following information:
- Bill of Material (BOM).
- PCB data in Gerber file format.
- Delivery schedule.
- Other related information if applicable and you think we should know it (e.g., sample PCB, test requirements).
U Choice operates out of a 7,500 sq. ft. facility with just under 7,000 sq. ft. dedicated to manufacturing space.
- Industrial equipment
- Consumer electronics (e.g., computers)
- Medical Devices
- Aerospace components
- Aviation components
- Automotive components
- Pretty much everything electronic
Yes, the gold, silver, copper, and platinum commonly used in a PCB assembly can be recycled and reused.
Yes, U Choice offers a vigorous inspection and testing after every printed circuit board comes off the production line.